Location Address:4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Sebring
Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
Largest Employer in the County
Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
Close knit community with a home town family feel
2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
Full Time Nights
You Will Be Responsible For:
All essential functions must be performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Assists in the patient/family care using established techniques with the multidisciplinary team.
· Follows the principals of AIDET in all patient and family interactions.
· Assists the patient with activities of daily living as ordered by the physician
· Distributes food trays to patients. Assists patient with tray preparation and feeding as required.
· Maintains the patient's environment in manner that promotes cleanliness, patient comfort and patient safety.
· Responds to patient call lights/bells, cares for the needs of the patient according to her/his skill level.
· Prepares the room to receive a new admission: zeros the bed scale, personal care items, linen, vital sign equipment, etc.
· Welcomes new admission, orients patient to room.
· Transfers patients from beds onto stretchers or beds or into wheelchairs with assistance of other patient care personnel when required.
· Ensures patient and personal safety by following proper lifting and patient transporting techniques.
· Provides patients with fresh water at established intervals
2. Documents personal care, intake and output, vital signs and weights as outlined in policy.
3. Performs patient care as delegated following hospital policies.
· Participates in the patient/family care, utilizing established techniques as part of the multidisciplinary team
· Incorporates principles of infection control, fire & safety, and biohazardous waste handling into daily routines.
· Maintains clinical competencies for patient population.
· Collects patient specimens (urine, stool, sputum), labels at bedside comparing two unique patient identifiers, and send to lab for analysis according to protocol and communicate to nurse.
· Promptly reports changes in patients’ status to the appropriate RN/LPN promptly.
· Recognizes emergency situations and acts appropriately.
4. Prepares and maintains patient medical records from admission through discharge to facilitate organization, completeness and accuracy of the records system for the unit.
· Demonstrates the assembling of patient records in chart as per hospital methodology.
· Serves as a liaison between patients/families, staff and the medical staff.
· Demonstrates techniques of receiving and directing patients and visitors. Answering routine inquiries and making referrals/consults.
· Demonstrates correct labeling of all forms for charts with two patient identifiers.
· Maintains the unit census record up-to-date with admissions, transfers and discharges. Informs bed manager of bed availability. Facilitates patient flow. Accurately maintains the Emergency Department log.
· Accurately reconciles the unit midnight census including verification of bed accommodation codes and isolation status.
· Maintains downtime forms and downtime chart packets. Efficiently performs tasks required in preparation for scheduled downtime. Supports staff activities during downtime to assure accurate and timely documentation. Prepares downtime forms for scanning after each downtime.
· Instruct on process of Downtime procedures and cabinets to be kept stocked.
· Demonstrate and Teach Basic work Process, Knowledge of Rules and regulations.
· Complete procedures via hospital policies and procedures in relation to order entry system.
· Print KIAC report daily at 5 am and 5 pm.
5. Receives and process physician orders to assist medical/nursing staff to assure prompt, efficient timely care of all patients.
· Consistently uses the Patient Access List (PAL) to monitor and when appropriate process physician orders. Informs the responsible nurse of new orders, STAT orders, and critical test results. Accurately processes physician consult requests, schedules requested procedures and secures needed equipment.
· Demonstrate phone etiquette when speaking with physicians or other medical staff.
· Document appropriately on all contacts, date, time.
6. Maintains accurate focus on communication.
· Demonstrates effective communication skills, patience, and the ability to explain information to others.
· Assists with development and participates in Performance Improvements process and data collection.
· Communicates and implements changes in policies/procedures.
· Communicates, collects, and reports accurate patient care data to the appropriate team members.
· Responds to patient call lights in a courteous manner within three rings and informs the responsible caregiver of patient’s requests.
· Participates as part of the multidisciplinary care team as directed.
7. Maintains current clinical, technical and professional competencies.
· Accepts responsibility for one’s own professional standards.
· Accepts responsibility for one’s own actions by initiating the incident report mechanisms
· Attends a minimum of 75% of scheduled staff meetings annually.
· Complies with departmental, divisional and hospital policies and standards.
· Demonstrates awareness of the rising costs of healthcare and implements budgetary containment measures.
· Maintains equipment in its proper working condition; identifies malfunctioning equipment and takes appropriate action.
· Seeks and accepts constructive criticism and implements actions designed for self-improvement.
· Assists in the organization and operations of the unit via guidelines, policy, and procedures.
· Performs ordered 12-lead electrocardiogram as directed by RN (Emergency Department only)
8. Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
Minimum of a High School Diploma or Equivalen
Florida C.N.A. License or Completion of Fundamentals of Nursing (transcript) upon hire
BLS - condition of employment
CPI prior to or within 6 months of employment (Emergency Department and Behavioral Health Unit)
This combined role includes the duties of the Unit Clerk and the Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) working under the supervision of the LPN and/or RN. All duties related to the patient care area will be carried out in accordance with the hospital mission, physician and patient expectation
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.