A rewarding career that fits your life. Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, apply today.
Located next to Banner Baywood Medical Center in east Mesa, Arizona, Banner Heart Hospital specializes in providing the most advanced cardiovascular care in an environment of clinical excellence, compassion and healing. With 111 beds, we are one of the largest freestanding heart hospitals in the nation. We have also been named one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitalsr for cardiovascular care by Thomson-Reuters. Our facilities include 28 cardiovascular intensive care beds, 67 telemetry beds, a 16-bed interventional stay unit, two endovascular suites, six OR suites, six cardiac cath labs, two electrophysiology labs and a non-invasive cardiology unit.
POSITION SUMMARY This position independently provides respiratory care, pulmonary and cardiology diagnostic testing to patients in a variety of health care settings.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs all basic modalities of respiratory care as prescribed by physicians and/or licensed independent practitioners in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
2. Applies and manages mechanical ventilators in collaboration with physicians and/or licensed independent practitioners, recommending adjustments to improve clinical condition, patient comfort and to expedite the weaning process.
3. Assembles, disassembles, operates, maintains, troubleshoots, cleans and performs adjustments in the applications of durable medical equipment and circuitry used in the delivery of respiratory care as prescribed in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
4. Performs pulmonary and cardiology diagnostic testing as prescribed in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
5. Performs patient assessments and evaluates patient response to care provided, making recommendations to physicians regarding the plan of care, appropriate use of respiratory therapy and modification of therapy as clinical condition changes. Documents therapy provided in an accurate and complete manner in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
6. Communicates and collaborates with resource staff in formulating care plans, recommendations for change in therapy and identification/resolution of problems.
7. May supervise department staff.
8. Independently provides respiratory care, pulmonary and cardiology diagnostic testing to patients in a variety of health care settings. May be assigned to a variety of areas throughout the system where respiratory care is needed. Internal customers: All levels of nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: Physicians and their office staff, payers, community agencies and regulatory agencies.
Associate or technical degree.
Proof of having passed the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT). RRT required for all new hires to the position after October 1, 2015. Incumbents in the position as of October 1, 2015 must possess their RRT by October 1, 2017. A current license in state practiced as required by state law. Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required. In Home Care setting, must posses valid drivers license and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance policy.
Must be knowledgeable of clinical techniques, applications and equipment as typically obtained through one year of clinical experience. Must possess highly effective human relation skills necessary to interface with patients, families, staff and other healthcare personnel.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R14752
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.