Find what you're looking for in your career, at PacMed as a Registered Nurse \- PER DIEM in Seattle, WA\.
This is a PER DIEM position in our Madison Cardiology Clinic and is not eligible for benefits nor is there a guarantee of benefits\.
We are seeking a Clinical Registered Nurse, Certified Specialist who will provide primary and specialty health care services in collaboration with other members of the health care team while integrating clinical, teaching, consulting, care coordination/case management, and leadership nursing roles\.
In this position you will:
- Airway management/cardiac monitoring utilizing ACLS protocol\.
- Recognize EKG changes during stress testing and respond appropriately\.
- Assess patient needs, develop a plan of care, deliver direct care, evaluate outcome of care, and adjust plan and subsequent interventions accordingly\.
- Draw labs via CVAD's or peripherals; assess CVADs for signs of infection or malfunction\.
- Assess pain and response to pain control measures; adjust pain medications according to pain algorithm\.
- Identify signs and symptoms of life\-threatening situation and initiates appropriate and timely interventions to address them\.
- Document subjective and objective assessments, evaluations, plans and interventions for in\-person and telephone interactions\.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree \(Baccalaureate, Associate or Diploma\) from an accredited school of nursing\.
- Currently licensed to practice in Washington State\.
- Basic Life Support certification\.
- One year recent RN experience in a patient care setting\.
- Computer skills: typing, email, word\-processing\.
- ACLS Certification\.
- Minimum three years recent experience in a setting treating cardiac patients\.
- Recent critical care experience – ICU, surgery, or ED\.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- CCRN Certification\.
- ACCN Certification\.
- Prior experience with general Cardiology, Pacemaker Checks, Holter reading, Stress Test \(Dobutamine and Nuclear\)\.
Pacific Medical Center First Hill:
The patient population we care for is culturally and clinically diverse, creating a stimulating and rewarding workplace\. Our strong team environment and mission allow us to provide friendly services that focus on the highest quality patient care\. PacMed's compensation and competitive benefits package will support and enhance a lifelong career\.
The First Hill clinic is conveniently located east of I\-5 in central Seattle\. The clinic offers both primary care \(Internal Medicine\) and numerous areas of specialty care from Audiology to Women's Health\. Services offered at First Hill include ambulatory surgery, cardiovascular and echocardiography labs, infusion therapy, x\-ray, onsite laboratory and pharmacy\. Interpreter services are also available for our patients\.
Seattle is the Pacific Northwest's largest urban center \(metro population 3\.25 million\), with world\-class arts and entertainment, a robust economy and an outstanding school system\. The city hugs magnificent Puget Sound and offers magnificent mountain views to the north, east and south\. Seattleites are famously fond of the outdoors, fresh seafood and good coffee\.
The First Hill clinic is part of Pacific Medical Centers' expanding network of outpatient clinics providing primary and specialty care to the greater Seattle area and employing more than 150 providers representing most medical specialties\. Pacific Medical Centers is affiliated with Providence Health & Services, which operates 28 exceptional not\-for\-profit hospitals and more than 350 clinics across the West\. With hundreds of physician and advanced practice provider opportunities in virtually all specialties at any given time, Pacific Medical Centers and Providence offer diverse locations, lifestyles and practice models\. Find what you are looking for in your next practice opportunity with Pacific Medical Centers\! Learn more at www\.pacmed\.org/providerjobs\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details —
Our mission is to provide respectful, high\-quality, patient\-focused healthcare to each person and to the communities we serve\.
Pacific Medical Centers \(PacMed\) is a private, not‐for‐profit, multi‐specialty healthcare network in the Puget Sound region\. Our 9 convenient locations are staffed by a comprehensive network of more than 150 primary and specialty care professionals who are committed to providing the highest\-quality medical care and to developing a compassionate, long\-term relationship with each patient we serve\. Our personalized, patient\-centric system empowers and provides patientswith freedom and choices to partner in their care\. We provide immediate access to cutting\-edge technology, first\-class facilities and board\-certified specialists, many of whom have been listed as among "Seattle's Best Doctors\.", PacMed is committed to providing physical activity and wellness opportunities for our employees\. We have been honored as a 2014 Gold Level Recipient of the American Heart Association's Fit\-Friendly Worksites Recognition program\.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Clinic/Ambulatory Care Nursing
Req ID: 137971